July 15, 2020
Old Bay Shrimp Boil
Dinner is ready in 20 minutes thanks to the pressure cooker! Bring this southern summer seafood meal to your house!
Yield : 4 Servings
- Shrimp Boil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth (or any other broth you have handy)
- 1 Tbsp + ¼ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes or russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 ears corn on the cob, cut in half (can be fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, frozen with shells on
- Set the pressure cooker to Sauté, then add butter.. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add Old Bay into your pot with butter and onions, mixing to combine.
- Pour in broth and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Turn pot off.
- Layer the potatoes in the pot into the broth, then the corn, then the sausage. Add more Old Bay if desired.
- Lock the lid and set to pressure cook high for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Place frozen shrimp into the pot on top of other ingredients. Close the lid and set to pressure cook high for 1 minute followed by a quick release.
- Serve on a large baking sheet with a bit of the broth poured on top.