June 21, 2020
Parmesan Eggplant Fries
Honestly, I had no idea what to do with the eggplant after I bought it. This was all I really knew on how to prepare it 🙂
Yields : 2 servings
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup flour
¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Thinly slice the eggplant, about ½ inch slices. Place eggplant on a baking sheet and coat with salt. Let sit for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Add the flour to a small bowl.
- Whisk eggs in another small bowl.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasoning in a third bowl.
- Dip each eggplant slice in flour mixture, shake off the excess, then fully coat in the eggs, then finishing with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lay an even layer of eggplant on the crisper tray of the air fryer, leaving space in between them for air flow. Multiple batches may be necessary.
- Spray the eggplant with cooking spray.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn the eggplant and coat with olive oil spray.
- Then cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove and serve with warm marinara sauce.
Recipe inspired by Mommy Hates Cooking