August 8, 2020
Zoodle Shrimp Scampi
So I messed up this recipe the first time I made it (I added the zucchini too early).. still came out pretty damn good. Also, its muuuuch easier to spiralize skinny zucchini, so I suggest getting 4 thin ones instead of 2 fatties.
Yields : 2 servings
- Zoodle Shrimp Scampi
2 Tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 lbs. raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of a lemon
- 4 thin zucchinis, spiralized
- Parmesan cheese & parsley, for serving
- Heat the butter in a large skillet or saucepan, then add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp to the pan and season with salt, pepper and paprika; cook until shrimp turns pink, 2-4 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the broth, red wine vinegar and lemon juice to the sauce leftover in the pan, scraping the sides, and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Turn off heat, then toss the spiralized zucchini with the shrimp to warm slightly. Serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Recipe inspired by The Feel Good Foodie