August 10, 2020
Daaaaamn these were good. These can be baked in a 9×13″ baking pan but the brownies will be extra thick and soft in the center if you bake them in an 8×8″.
Yields : 9 servings
- Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder or 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Use cooking spray and parchment paper to grease and line an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt the butter with the semi-sweet chocolate in a small saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt in a medium bowl. Sift if possible.
- Whisk or use a stand mixer to combine the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until they’re just barely combined; don’t over-mix.
- Slowly pour in the butter and chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar, while whisking/mixing.
- Fold the dry and wet ingredients together until they’re just barely combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for about 30-60 minutes, until they can be sliced without falling apart.
Recipe inspired by Baran Bakery