May 20, 2020
Cream Cheese Filled Mini Bagels
SOOO easy! I was skeptical as to whether the bagel would taste like a real bagel, but IT DID!
Yields : 8 mini bagels
- Mini Bagel Bites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp (4 ounces, or half package) cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 egg white, whipped
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Dust your counter or cutting board with flour and knead the dough a few times until dough is a little wet but not very sticky.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Flatten each dough ball into circles, then place ½ tablespoon cream cheese on each. Fold up the edges around the cream cheese and form a ball. Use a drop of water to seal the edges if necessary, so the cream cheese doesn’t pop out.
- Brush the dough balls with egg white and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. You can also leave them plain or use another topping.
- Bake at 320F degrees and set for 12-14 minutes. Don’t place them right next to each other in the air fryer – they will expand.
- Let cool before eating, the insides will be like lava!
Recipe inspired by Saving You Dinero